St. Paul Hippodrome was home to the St. Paul Athletic Club Hockey Team, and would be the principal home arena for their Hockey team from 1914 to 1926.
The Hippodrome had been built in 1906 by the Minnesota State Fair board, and a natural ice surface was added in 1911.
The building had at the time the largest indoor ice-sheet in the world measuring at 270x119 ft.
Each winter the rink was flooded and all the doors and windows were opened to let the natural cold freeze the ice.
The St. Paul Hippodrome had a seating capacity of 6,700, and reserved & box seat holders could go to a warming room during intermissions.
The 1st game played was on January 5, 1915 vs the Minneapolis ABCs. Nick Kahler scored the 1st goal at the St. Paul Hippodrome for the home team St. Paul Athletic Club Hockey Team
The St. Paul Hippodrome was torn down in 1942