Alex Taylor & Co. Hockey Stick 1920s
In 1897, Alex Taylor, founder of Alex Taylor & Co. started as a clerk at a sporting goods store called Johnson & Stoughtenburgh. In 1901, Taylor bought a half interest in the firm, making it Johnson & Taylor, then in 1908 he bought out Johnson and moved to 16 E. 42nd. The company carried a large line of equipment for a variety of sports that included; basketball, lacrosse, fencing, skiing, golf, tennis, football & baseball.
Alex Taylor & Co. would also become a major manufacture of Hockey equipment & Jersey's used by the NHL and college teams.
The sporting-goods store relocated to 22 East 42nd Street, New York City in 1921.