The St. Nicholas Skating Rink on Manhattan, New York City.
Standing in the middle of the ice are a group of hockey players. The winged fist emblem of the New York Athletic Club can be seen on at least one of the white shirted players. The third man from right looks like New York Athletic Club goalkeeper Ed O'Donnell, and the fourth man from right looks like New York Athletic Club point Bob Hunt with his characteristic walrus moustache.
The St. Nicholas Skating Rink was built for the St. Nicholas Skating Club in 1895 & 1896 on 69 West 66th Street, on the northeast corner of 66th Street and Columbus Avenue, Manhattan by architects Ernest Flagg & Walter Boughton Chambers.
The St. Nicholas Hockey Club & the New York Athletic Club of the American Amateur Hockey League used the arena as their home venue from the 1896–97 inaugural season and onwards. The ice surface for ice hockey games measured 200 feet in length and 90 feet in depth.