Dental Hockey Club
J. Ross Robertson Cup Champions 1917
Allan Cup Champions 1917
Willard “Bill” Box, Jimmy "Jan" Stewart, Rupert "Rube" Millan, Charles Elmer "Doc" Stewart, Rod T. Smylie, John McMichael “Mac” Sheldon, Dr. William "Jerry" Laflamme, Frank Doyle, and E.W. Hodge
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons’ / RCDS School of Dentistry, then affiliated with the University of Toronto but not yet an official faculty, spent the war years training new dentists for the Royal Canadian Dental Corps. The team played under the jurisdiction of the Ontario Hockey Association / OHA.” Although most of the players on the team were students or recent graduates of the RCDS, the team had no official affiliation with the school. Nevertheless, the Toronto Dentals were seen as emblematic of the college.
The Toronto Globe called this team the "Molar Maulers" while The Toronto Evening Telegram called them "Cavity Fillers" and the The Toronto World called them “the Tooth-pluggers”