Philadelphia Arrows Hockey Team 1933
Connie King, Tommy Anderson, Irwin "Yank" Boyd, Frank "Deacon" Waite, Bill Hudson, Norman "Dodger" Collings, Joe McGoldrick, Frank Peters, Ludger Desmarais
Professional ice Hockey first came to Philadelphia in the Fall of 1927 when the nascent Philadelphia Arrows first took to the ice at the Philadelphia Arena on Market Street between 45th & 46th Streets in West Philadelphia to become the sixth member of the then year old Canadian-American Hockey League ("Can-Am"). Although the city's first pro Hockey club finished dead last that season with a 13-25-2 record, by 1932-33 the Arrows had brought the city its first ever regular season Hockey title with an impressive 29-12-7 mark. (The 1933 Can-Am play-off crown, however, went to the Boston Cubs.)
The team was renamed in 1935-36 the Ramblers when it became the top farm club of the New York Rangers
The Arrows, like the Ramblers, played at the Philadelphia Arena.
Originally known as the "Philadelphia Auditorium and Ice Palace" when it first opened its doors in February, 1920, the 5,000-seat Arena was all but supplanted as an indoor sports venue with the opening of the Spectrum in South Philadelphia in September, 1967, and was eventually destroyed by fire on August 24, 1983. The first formal sporting event in the building was a college Hockey game played on Saturday, February 14, 1920, in which Yale shut-out Princeton, 4-0.)