The Arena was home to the Seattle Metropolitans of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association from 1915 to 1924. It was built in 1915
Located on the corner of Fifth Avenue and University Street, the Arena was right in the middle of what was becoming the business and amusement center of the city. Built at a cost of $100,000, it had a seating capacity of roughly 4,000. The ice surface was roughly 200 feet by 80 feet, and the ice was kept cool using a 75-ton refrigeration plant and eight miles of piping under the floor.
The building hosted the Stanley Cup finals in 1917 and 1919, and the Seattle Metropolitans posted an impressive 73-30 record there over the course of their nine seasons in Seattle. Following the 1923-24 season it was converted into a parking garage, finally being demolished in 1963 and replaced by the IBM Building.
First Game : December 7, 1915 (Seattle Metropolitans defeated the Victoria Aristocrats 3-2)
Last Game : February 20, 1924 (Metropolitans defeated Vancouver 3-0)